Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Project Run and Play - Planning





I am excited to let you all know that I have decided to participate in the sewalong to this season's Project Run and Play contest.  If you are not familiar with PRAP, it is very similar to Project Runway in that there are designers and they compete in challenges and one gets voted off each week.  The difference is this competition is online, on the PRAP blog,  and it is for children's clothing sewists.  There are six sewists/designers starting out in the competition and they will be competiting against each other to sew each weekly theme and not be voted off! Voting is done by "celebrity" sewing judges (past participants) and blog readers. There are prizes for the top three winners. There is also a sewalong part to the competition where anyone (me!) can share their weekly themed creations in the Flickr PRAP pool and on their own blogs. The sewalong participants are eligible for smaller prizes and they get to enjoy the fun. 

So, I have been really busy planning for this competition!  The weekly themes are "Put Me in the Zoo," Spring Break, Design Your Own Fabric and Signature Style week!


Can you picture an animal inspired by this fabric? Hint: it is not a cat.


 Didn't French General do an amazing job with selvages! So pretty!


For week 3, I may or may not be planning a glamping outfit!


For week 3, I have had a blast designing my own fabric at Spoonflower. I used Inkscape and drew it all by hand. Very fun.  I don't have it yet, but will share it with you soon!



 
For week 4, I choose shabby chic florals and swiss dot. 
You will have to wait and see what I do with it!




I can't wait to see what everyone else makes? Are you playing along?  




No comments:

Post a Comment